Piano lessons that kids love! Most kids progress faster and stay more engaged when they’re part of a team. Classes are capped at 5 students and include a mix of group activities and individual attention.
Our students build a strong foundation in music fundamentals and technique. They also learn to read music, improvise, and compose in a fun group environment!
|Piano Club I||7-11 (2nd-5th grade)||Thursdays 5:00-6:00||April 16, 2020||Ashley McGinnis||1413 Wickapecko Dr||Available|
|Piano Club I||7-11 (2nd-5th grade)||Saturdays 11:30-12:30||April 18, 2020||Ashley McGinnis||1413 Wickapecko Dr||Available|
|Piano Club II||11-14 (6th-8th grade)||Tuesdays 5:15-6:15||April 14, 2020||Ashley McGinnis||1413 Wickapecko Dr||Available|
|Piano Club II||11-14 (6th-8th grade)||
|April 18, 2020||Ashley McGinnis||1413 Wickapecko Dr||Available|
Piano Club FAQS & Policies
What method does Piano Club use?
The Piano Club curriculum is designed to create well rounded musicians who LOVE to play the piano. We want the piano to seem easy and fun. The more successful kids feel, the more they want to sit down and practice!
Piano club uses the Piano Adventure series by Faber as well as supplemental songs, games, and activities. Students write their own songs, improvise, sing, play percussion instruments, and more.
Students become rhythm experts with Compose Create‘s Rhythm Menagerie curriculum. Rhythm menagerie makes learning rhythm a musical experience (rather than an academic one) with fun accompaniment tracks. Our students can accurately read rhythms above their level, and they have fun doing it!
How do mixed level classes work?
Piano Club students learn concepts and repertoire both individually and as a group. We cap enrollment at 5 to provide individual attention to each student.
Many parents wonder how a mixed level class can play together as a group.
Here’s one example of a group arrangement for four students – two primer levels (one at the beginning of the book, one in the middle), one level 1, and one level 2.
Primer #1: Keeps a steady with a hand drum
Primer #2: Plays a simple bass line
Level One: Plays an interval in the left hand and the melody in the right.
Level Two: Plays a chord progression
Each student is working at their level and reaping the countless benefits of ensemble playing. Students at lower levels are introduced to more advanced concepts and students at higher levels are constantly reinforcing the basics. Most importantly, kids are energized and motivated by the team environment!
What's my role as a parent?
We encourage parents/caregivers of our elementary students to come to the last 10 minutes of class. We’ll go over everything your child is expected to practice at home, answer any questions you may have, and have fun showing off for an audience. Communication between teachers, parents, and students is the key to great progress!
Tuition & Policies
- Please refrain from bringing food, drinks, or toys into class. Water bottles are allowed.
- We take the health of our community very seriously. If your child is sick, please keep them home to prevent the spread of germs. We ask all students to wash their hands when they arrive before playing the instruments.
- Students should bring their books, binder, and pencil to each class (these items are purchased for you with your materials fee – you just need to remember to bring them!)
- Parents are encouraged to come for the last 10 minutes of class.
- Classes have a maximum enrollment of 5 children. Enroll ASAP to guarantee your spot!
- $250 per 10-week session.
- A $40 nonrefundable materials fee will be charged at the beginning of each year, or when you enroll in your first class. The materials fee covers books, sheet music, etc.
- Tuition can be paid online through PayPal. Checks and cash are accepted in person at the first class of each month.
- There is a $25 fee for returned checks/payments.
Although we’re confident you’ll love our class, a full refund will be available until the day after your first class (ex. if class starts on the 4th, a full refund is available until the 5th). There are no refunds for missed classes.
Students can attend any other Piano Club class as a make up, as long as there is room. Make up classes are not guaranteed.
Learning to play an instrument is a lifelong pursuit, but we understand that lessons are not always possible. You will not be charged for subsequent months, but any payments that have already been made are nonrefundable.
By registering for classes with Midgarden Music, you grant consent for video or still photos to be taken before, during, or after class. Photos and videos may be used in print or electronic form. They may be posted on Midgarden Music’s website or social media, or sent to families enrolled in the class. Identifying information (names, ages, etc) is never posted online.
You may opt-out of this consent by emailing email@example.com