Saplings is the bridge between “Mommy & Me” and group instrument classes!
Our class is based off of John Feierabend’s First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond, helping kids become “tuneful, beatful, and artful”.
Our saplings play percussion instruments, sing, dance, move, and are introduced to the piano.
Piano Club FAQS & Policies
What happens in the Saplings class?
Saplings is based off of John Feierabend’s First Steps in Music Preschool and Beyond. We differ by including an introduction to the piano towards the end of the session.
We incorporate each of the following “musical workouts” to build a strong foundation and nurture our little musicians!
Vocal warm up that helps kids to understand concepts such as “higher and lower pitch” while developing their singing voices.
In these songs, the teacher sings a phrase and the students sing it back. Think “Down By The Bay”.
Short songs with limited tonal range. These are often the first songs kids can sing on their own!
Child created tunes. Children travel to “ariosoland” where everyone sings all the time. They’re encouraged to improvise their own melodies on a range of topics.
Story time set to music!
We use movement in many different ways with our Saplings – we move to practice keeping a beat, to learn about musical form, and to feel the emotion of different songs!
What's my role as a parent?
This class is the bridge between Parent/Child classes (Mommy & Me) and group instrument classes. There is no homework or practice assignments.
Still, we want to keep you up to date on what we’re learning. We encourage parents to come to the last 5 minutes of class so you can sing a song or two with us, and we can share some ideas on how to make music at home with your little one!
Tuition & Policies
- Please refrain from bringing food, drinks, or toys into class. Water bottles are allowed.
- We take the health of our community very seriously. If your child is sick, please keep them home to prevent the spread of germs. We ask all students to wash their hands when they arrive before playing the instruments.
- Parents are encouraged to come for the last 5 minutes of class.
- Classes have a maximum enrollment of 6 children. Enroll ASAP to guarantee your spot!
- $108/6-week session.
- Tuition can be paid online through PayPal. Checks and cash are accepted in person at the first class of each month.
- There is a $25 fee for returned checks/payments.
Although we’re confident you’ll love our class, a full refund will be available until the day after your first class (ex. if class starts on the 4th, a full refund is available until the 5th). There are no refunds for missed classes.
By registering for classes with Midgarden Music, you grant consent for video or still photos to be taken before, during, or after class. Photos and videos may be used in print or electronic form. They may be posted on Midgarden Music’s website or social media, or sent to families enrolled in the class. Identifying information (names, ages, etc) is never posted online.
You may opt-out of this consent by emailing email@example.com